Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Monday, December 5, 2011

Life Changes

I know I haven't posted in awhile. My Grandma has been in failing health the last month and she went home to heaven on Sunday. I have been very close with her ever since I was little. She was my absolute favorite person in the whole world. Our baby is named after her husband who was also a special person in my life. I can't believe she is gone from this world and that I won't be able to talk with her when I want and see her. My family is very religious so I KNOW I will see her again in heaven, but for right now that just doesn't seem good enough.
The last week of her life I spent every day 6+ hours in the nursing home with her. She had stopped eating and drinking and was unresponsive. She is such a tough lady...she lasted 13 days without food or water! The last sentance she ever spoke was to me, and I find that very special. I told her I had to leave for the day and I'd be back tomorrow and that I loved her and she replied so clear "I love you too". She was my best friend next to my mother. All 3 of us were so close. I just can't believe she is gone. Being pregnant while this has happened has been tough to with the emotions. Sometimes I feel fine but then others I just break down and can't stop. Thankfully my husband is amazing and will just hold me and be with me until I stop. Here are a few of my favorite pictures of us.

Seeing me in my wedding dress for the first time
 
At her 95th Birthday Party this past August

At Thanksgiving 5 years ago
 At a family get together 5 years ago

1 comment:

mama foosa said...

Hugs to you during this time. What wonderful photos you have of a relationship you will forever treasure. Your Grandma will be smiling down on you as you welcome and raise your little one. I know she must be so proud of you.

Post a Comment